Date: 1/23/19 3:03 pm
From: SARAH FAULKNER via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Where are the white-throated sparrows?
They're in my yard! I've had a much larger flock than in past years. I usually have 4-6, but this year I've had as many as 20. Combined with the siskin/goldfinch flock (50-80 birds) that comes in every day, I'm going through some seed! I also usually have about 3 song sparrows, 3 house finch, 10 juncoes, 30 house sparrows, 8 cardinals, 2 white breasted nuthatches, 2 downy woodpeckers, 2 red-breasted woodpeckers, 4 blue jays, 3 chickadees, 4 tufted titmouses, mourning doves, pigeons, crows, and probably more I can't remember. Early this winter I had a pair of purple finch and a red-breasted nuthatch, but they are not to be found now (of course, for the January count!). It's a busy place.

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville