Date: 1/23/19 1:38 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Suffield, Wed., 1/23 -- Mute Swans
Seen from Windsor Locks Canal State Park, shortly after 1:30 PM: two adult Mute Swans and one juvenile. They were across the river on the Enfield side about 1/4 mile north of the Rt 190/Hazardville bridge. While I was there, a flotilla of Common Goldeneyes drifted downriver; I counted 110. One male Bufflehead accompanied them. I saw no sign of the Barrow’s Goldeneye, either from here or from the Barnes Boat Launch in Enfield. The swans were not visible from Barnes.

John Weeks
North Granby