Date: 1/23/19 1:14 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] CACC
1/23 Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, 10am-1PM, overcast,
35-38F . Marsh frozen over early, then thawing.
The center was busy with engaging human visitors today. One gentleman was
taking videos and photos of the marsh ice, and the surrounding
area-remarking how beautiful it is.
Other visitors were very interested in the ducks and birds around.

On the grounds & feeders:
1 Lincoln sparrow at back bushes -(the markings of bi colored bill, brown
crown with gray eyebrow and nape and streaked buffy breast and sides (with
creamy coloring by cheeks). I could be wrong, since I'm not an expert
birder, but it fits well with IBird Pro & Peterson's guide-I'm just not
sure about seasonal timing.
1 American Tree Sparrow, 4 White throated sparrows, 5 House sparrows, 4
Song Sparrows, 3 Northern Cardinals, 1 Mockingbird, 2 White breasted
nuthatches,2 Chickadees, 12 Mourning Doves.

On marsh: (further out where it was not frozen)
1 Great Black backed Gull, 1 Common Loon, 2 Canada Geese, 10 Buffleheads,
5 American Black ducks, Herring & Ring billed gulls flying over.

Bev Propen, Orange