Date: 1/22/19 2:30 pm
From: Thomas Robben via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] one bird ? : 2016 Avon - Curlew Sandpiper?
Hello David,
Are you sure this is one individual and not TWO different birds in your
several photos, from 2016 ?
I am looking at your photos for the long legs, the perfectly decurved bill,
the beautiful body shape, and the usually upswept tail section of a typical
of curlew sandpiper, and would not bet all my marbles on any of these
bird(s) combining all those characteristics.
You can see Harvey Tomlinson's GREAT photo of a curlew sandpiper in NJ if
you click on this link and scroll down:
http://notes99.blogspot.com/2011/05/southern-new-jersey.html

Incidentally there was at least one curlew sandpiper in SW NJ in May 2016,
but if you look at the photos of that bird, on eBird, it does not look
exactly like your September 2016 bird:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S29882769

Anyway, that is my two-cents, for what its worth.
If I had to bet more than that, I would vote against this being a curlew
sandpiper.

Tom Robben
Glastonbury CT