Date: 1/21/19 5:22 pm
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Thayer’s Iceland Gull at Black Rd flooded field
While studying the large mass of birds, gulls especially, on this flooded field, Curtis Marantz showed up. Long story short, he pointed out to me an approximately third winter Thayer’s Gull. I’ll post pics later and hopefully Curtis will explain what he means by ‘approximately third winter’. The Sandhill Crane remains, but it hid for nearly an hour for me. Glaucous-winged Gull, 9 Herring, 190 Mew Gulls, lots of dowitchers and Greater Yellowlegs, and 6 Snow Geese. A large number of Tree Swallows also.

Mark Holmgren
SB

View/Reply Online (#28344): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/28344
-=-=-