Date: 1/21/19 2:40 pm
From: Robert S White via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Guilford Feeder
Interesting weekend at the bird feeder. In the deep woods of Guilford, we
rarely get pine siskins, most years none and a few years one or two
occasionally. Today and yesterday we had a mixed flock all day of 8-12
siskins mixed in with house finches and goldfinches feeding vigorously, plus
the usual suspects. They were joined by 3 pairs of bluebirds, a high
number. We have also had a consistent red-breasted nuthatch, which is not
true every year. On the other hand, we usually have 3-4 white-throated
sparrows, but there were none this weekend. Bob White