Date: 1/20/19 10:41 am
From: <jthomas139...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Ruby-crowned Kinglet in the Fells along the Whittemore Brook Path
This is the path that starts from Winford Way in Medford - same place I saw the Pileated Woodpecker and Winter Wrens last week. The kinglet was first reported by Karsten a few days ago. It is somewhat unusual in January (enough to trigger the eBird filter, anyway). The kinglet gave me a really special "photo op" yesterday afternoon, perching on an open branch with the red crown showing, so I thought I would share a link to some photos.

I am already nostalgic for the snow-free background seen in these photos.

Jeff Thomas
Winchester

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jthomas139 https://www.flickr.com/photos/jthomas139

Join us on Facebook!