Date: 1/19/19 8:24 pm
From: Karen Clarke via Groups.Io <seachest2002=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [slocobirding] MBWBF Exploring North Coast 1-19

High tide at 8 AM and storm surge heavily affected birding the north coast yesterday. As part of the MBWBF my partner, Gale, and I took a group of 15 along the coast From Cambria to Piedras Blancas. The Washburn Day Use parking at the mouth of San Simeon was closed.  The creek’s entrance to the ocean had been transformed into a disaster area. There were few birds. The Snowy Plovers, however, managed to tough it out in a small remaining stony area of beach. We did have a Merlin at San Simeon Cove and Prairie Falcon, Bald Eagle, Ferruginous Hawk, Northern Harrier, and Loggerhead Shrike at the Hearst pasture north of the castle entrance.

Karen Clarke
Cambria

Enjoy the adventure of living

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad