Date: 1/18/19 7:12 am
From: Paul Ippolito <paulippolito295...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Young birders scholarship opportunity at Hog Island
At our Menotomy Bird Club meeting last night - which was yet another
entertaining and informative presentation - during our News You can
News Session, there was mention of a scholarship opportunity for Young
Birders for a teen program at National Audubon’s Hog Island camp on
June 16-21, 2019..

We wanted to forward that information along to club members that may
themselves or know of someone who might be able to take advantage of
this opportunity.

- Paul Ippolito - Woburn

The Brookline Bird Club is extending the application deadline for our
two Young Birder Scholarships until February 21, 2019. We have not yet
received any applications for these scholarships, which cover the full
cost ($1395) of the Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens program at
National Audubon’s Hog Island camp on June 16-21, 2019. Our seven
previous recipients have had great, even transformative experiences at
Hog Island, and we hope that young birders will take advantage of this
wonderful opportunity. If you know some eligible young birders, please
encourage them to apply. The scholarship covers housing, boat travel,
and all meals. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for
transportation costs to and from the camp.

Applicants must be New England residents, ages 14-17, and must submit
a written application and two letters of reference. Preference will be
given to applicants with individual or family BBC memberships. To be
considered a member, an applicant may join the club at the time of
application. “I truly had an unforgettable experience at the Hog
Island camp,” wrote 2018 recipient Sam Mroz in a thank-you note to the
BBC, “and I would not have been able to attend within your
sponsorship.”

I know that some other clubs in the Association might also offer
scholarships, and the BBC is not looking to compete with other clubs
for applicants. If we get a qualified applicant through another club,
the BBC will cover the cost of the scholarship but would be glad to
share the credit in publicizing the scholarship.

Completed applications and references must be received by the BBC by
February 21, 2019. Selection and notification of recipients will be
completed by February 28, 2019.

For instructions on how to apply and to download an application, go
the BBC website at www.brooklinebirdclub.org

John Nelson

Chair, BBC Conservation and Education Committee

Posted by: Paul Ippolito <paulippolito295...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)