Date: 1/11/19 7:35 pm
From: Adam Burnett <adamburnett33...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Walpole longspurs and Pine Grosbeaks
Today there was a flock of six Lapland Longspurs along River Road in Walpole, just south of Hall’s Crossing, and a flock of seven Pine Grosbeaks in the crab apples at the Savings Bank of Walpole in the North Meadow Plaza along Route 12. My eBird checklists include documentation photos of both species:

https://ebird.org/nh/view/checklist/S51565215 <https://ebird.org/nh/view/checklist/S51565215>
https://ebird.org/nh/view/checklist/S51564049 <https://ebird.org/nh/view/checklist/S51564049>

Horned Larks continue in the area as well. While we were watching the Pine Grosbeaks, a flock of about 40 Horned Larks flew through and eventually landed at the tractor dealership across the street, where they have been found regularly this winter. Another flock of at least 14 was in the hayfields near our yard in Westmoreland.

Adam Burnett
Westmoreland