Date: 1/11/19 5:40 pm
From: NBjorklund <nbjorklund...>
Subject: [obol] Gull ID's
I’ve been really lazy for many years in the realm of identifying winter gulls in Oregon.  It’s just been something I avoided whenever possible, except for the easy and obvious species.  So here I go diving in to learn a bit from those of you who have worked at gull ID.  Below is a flickr link to several Oct-Dec photos from the central Oregon Coast.  I have listed ideas on all but the frontal view of the bird about to fly, and they all may be wrong.  Time to learn!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/76074708@N08/87U312

I you would be willing to take a minute and offer your ID’s and pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Neil Björklund

Eugene, Oregon

www.butterfliesoforegon.com

Join us on Facebook!