Date: 1/11/19 2:28 pm
From: Christopher Cudworth <cudworthfix...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Absence of Tree Sparrows (no sightings)
Last winter there were more than a dozen tree sparrows at our feeder, which
backs up to ideal habitat with mixed grasses and wetlands. This year, I had
two birds earlier in the winter and now, nothing.

In fact the dearth of birds in general is rather perplexing, but they
vanish during warmer spells and that explains some of it. So do the kickass
feeders at my neighbor's house two doors down.

We have light attendance by WBNH and RBNH are rare. For a month we had
three whole pairs of Downy, Hairy and Red-Bellied Woodpeckers on the suet
feeders. That quieted down enormously.

Will be interesting to see what the snow does to their feeding habits.
Anyone else noticed similar trends?

--
Christopher Cudworth
3C Creative Marketing