Date: 1/11/19 11:10 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET N.U. Landfill/Lakefill Lagoon Friday 1-11-19
Hello Bird People,

I had only a little time today so I just covered one location which
was the Lagoon at N.U.
Only a few ducks & gulls were there & I spent a lot of time looking
for a Black Crowned Night Heron which I had seen here in December but
if they are still here they eluded me today.

N.U. Lagoon (9:30-10:45 a.m.)

Mallard (9, resting on the rocks)
CANVASBACK (1-M, been here since December)
Common Merganser (1-M & 2-F)
Red Breasted Merganser (1-M & 1-F)
Ring Billed Gull (1)
Herring Gull (3, trying to steal fish from the Mergs)
Robins (20) & Starlings (6) (after the many Juniper berries)

Bird-Of-The-Day to the male Canvasback & Runner-Up to the male Common
Merganser.

License Plate Of The Day was a good one & it was one from MANITOBA
seen on Oakton Street
in Skokie. Had one from New Mexico 2 days ago but forgot to mention it.

Al Stokie
Briefly in Cook County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: