Date: 1/11/19 7:48 am
From: <birdingfaun...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET COS Chicago Southside Birding Carpool, Saturday, 1/19

Join COS for a carpool trip to some of the best winter birding spots on the southside of Chicago. Do you wonder how and where to find all those interesting winter gulls in Chicago? Ever wonder what the heck people are talking about when they reference turning basin #3 or #5 on the Calumet River? Well, this trip will answer all those questions and more!

Bring a scope if you have one! We’ll start our venture at Rainbow Beach scanning the lake, beach, and break wall for waterfowl and gulls. After that we’ll carpool south to Steelworkers Park where we can check the lake and consolidate vehicles to explore the lesser known southside spots. Known winter, southside specialties we’ll be looking for include Snowy Owl, Iceland Gull, Glaucous Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Monk Parakeet, and Red-shouldered Hawk.

Beginning birders are welcome and we will have extra binoculars available.

RSVP here: https://goo.gl/forms/EIwRkdli0BLEK4B23

I will send out a Google map of all the sites we’ll try to visit via email to those that pre-register.

Trip Leader: Matt Igleski

Contact <matt.igleski...> with any questions.

January 19th, 2019

8am

Meet at Rainbow Beach https://goo.gl/maps/LPu3emWcGWp https://goo.gl/maps/LPu3emWcGWp

aerin tedesco