Date: 1/11/19 6:09 am
From: Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] white-winged gullS at Wethersfield Cove
I stopped by the Cove yesterday to see if I could find the Glaucous Gull
reported previously by Jeff Fengler. A rather bulky first-cycle
white-winged gull was standing on one of the docks, but it was an Iceland
Gull, (kumlieni as expected in CT). A key non-Glaucous feature was the
all-dark bill.

Later Maggie Peretto got a good photo of the Glaucous Gull. Key feature was
the pink bill with a prominent and sharply define black tip.

So as always, beware of expectation bias.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>