Date: 1/10/19 10:32 pm
From: kim <leo811sf...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Male Eclectus Parrot in Sunnyside
Try checking with Pennisula Humane. They handle anything south if the City, so if this guy got loose in Westlake or south they might know. ... We have two pair at the Zoo, I'll check with them as I only saw one pair today.

On January 10, 2019, at 7:52 AM, Donna Hayes <dhayes362...> wrote:

Hi all,

On December 23, I heard unfamiliar calls while I was taking my lunchtime walk from my office at City College. I looked around and found a bright green eclectus parrot making a ruckus in a tree around Detroit and Flood. I called SF ACC to report him, but no one had called in a missing eclectus. I expected a hawk or cat to make a meal of him.

This Monday January 7, I saw him again on a telephone on Judson and Edna, harassing a crow. I checked in again with ACC, with no reports of a lost parrot.

I’ve not heard of an eclectus colony in San Francisco, and can’t imagine a positive future for this single guy.

It sure is interesting out there!

Good birding.

Donna Hayes

-=-=-