Date: 1/10/19 8:08 pm
From: <bdeppe...> [inlandcountybirds] <inlandcountybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [inlandcountybirds] Colorado River/Lake Havasu notables
I spent most of the day at Lake Havasu and the Parker Dam area. From Lake Havasu Landing I found a Black-legged Kittiwake, presumably one of the two kittiwakes reported earlier by David V and Lauren H. It was rafting about 1/2 to one mile out on the lake. After getting some decent scope time, it flew north and west to the California side where I lost it.

I also visited Parker Dam, wanting to look for the previously reported Surf and Black Scoters. They were just waiting for a birder to come along . . .maybe 18 inches apart near the dam on the Arizona side. Good numbers of goldeneyes were present-- a few Common males and many female-types which I did not look through.

Trying to refind the kittiwakes, I also visited the Site 6 area. I spent my time scoping the CA side with no luck.

Bill Deppe
Apple Valley

Join us on Facebook!