Date: 1/10/19 5:45 pm
From: Alfred Maley <alfredmaley...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Four Angry Yellow Eyes
As soon as we got installed on the farm in southern Spain, I went to check
my Little Owl nest boxes. I opened the lower side door on one box and there
was a voluminous pile of cast up pellets and, most tellingly, excrement on
the wall - young had been raised there. After closing the box a Little Owl
flushed from a nearby cork oak.

At the next box there was an even thicker layer of pellets and, more
interestingly, four angry yellow eyes in the back of the box - both adults
had been rudely awakened by my efforts. They watched while I removed some
of the pellet mass and I quickly closed the door.

Now that I’m the Barred Owl King of Hampstead, could I become the Little
Owl King of Los Barrios too?

Al Maley
Hampstead, NH/Los Barrios, CA Spain