Date: 1/10/19 4:00 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] 2nd winter Glaucous-winged Gull (?) South Platte Reservoir (Arapahoe county)
Hi all -

I saw this bird back on the evening of Tuesday, the 8th, sorry for the late
notice. At the time I had assumed it was an immature Herring or Thayer's
Gull. I am not good at IDing immature gulls, so I uploaded some pictures to
a Whatbird ID forum. To my suprise, a moderator responded that it could
well be a Glaucous-winged 2nd winter. This bird was on the ice with
Ring-billed, Herring, and a Thayer's Gull. Female Black Scoter was also
present. Since it is a rarity in Colorado, I was just hoping for a
confirmation or rejection on the Glaucous-winged ID before I enter it as
such into ebird. Here are a couple photos:

[image: IMG_7604 - Edited (3).jpg]

[image: IMG_7605 - Edited (5).jpg]

Also, here's a link to my ebird list, with more pictures of the possible
Glaucous-winged Gull, as well as some pretty good pics of the Black Scoter:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51485423

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO