Date: 1/10/19 2:36 pm
From: Charlie La Rosa <charlie.larosa...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Kingfisher
The kingfisher I mentioned the other day is still present in the same area
of the brook across the road. It must have found a "hot" spot.

Three male evening grosbeaks visited yesterday. Very cautious about coming
down from higher branches of maple tree to gobble up some sunflower seeds
on the ground. They came back again later but not seen today. Heard several
pine grosbeaks flying over but could not find them.

In the woods today, I flushed a partridge from its hole in the powdery
snow. I could see where it had landed and then walked to a spot perhaps ten
feet away under the lower branches of a smallish white pine and settled
into the snow.

All the regulars visited the feeders and the ravens were enjoying the clear
crisp air overhead. Still no redpolls! Grrr.

Charlie La Rosa
So. Washington

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." — Arthur Ashe

Join us on Facebook!