Date: 1/10/19 2:28 pm
From: Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3) <KlebWoods...>
Subject: [texbirds] Kleb Woods Wednesday Afternoon Bird Program - January 16
Our first Wednesday afternoon birding program of 2019 will be on January 16 from 1:30 to 3:30 PM. The class will be about the biology of woodpeckers as well as their identification. Why don't woodpeckers get concussions...or do they? Why are sapsuckers poorly named? Learn the answers to these questions and more as we discuss many unique characteristics of this family of birds. We are delighted to have specimens on loan from Texas A&M's Biodiversity Research and Teaching Collections. In addition to many of the woodpeckers you can see in Texas, we will also have a few specimens from farther afield.

We will have our regular Wednesday bird walk from 8:30 to 11:30 AM. You may want to bring muck boots in case the trails are still wet. After a break for lunch, we will meet in the auditorium for the program.

Also, save the date for our program on February 20 from 1:30 to 3:30 PM called Kendra and Megan's Accidental Big Year: A Comedy of Errors told through Terrible Photos.

We hope you will join us!

Megan Ahlgren, Naturalist
Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Rd. Tomball TX 77377