Date: 1/10/19 1:07 pm
From: Cathy Brown <blueapis...>
Subject: Merlin, Washington County
Today my dauther and I spotted a male Merlin on a fence post on Route 18, north of Rt 50, in Washington County. It sat for only a few moments with it's back to us before taking flight over a field, one that is typically good for spotting Kestral. It was a bit bigger than a kestral, had a dark, grayish blue back, banded tail with a white tip, and a redish brown streaking on it's undersides. It flew low over the field with rapid wing beats - very beautiful.

Location was N 40'19.5619', W080'21.71009'. Spotted at 2:40 pm today.

Cathy Brown
Washington county

Join us on Facebook!