Date: 1/10/19 12:52 pm
From: Janet Keating <janet.ovec...>
Subject: Ohio River birding this morning
Mike Griffith and I went is search of the Cackling Geese reported yesterday
at Krodel Park in Pt. Pleasant, Mason County, to no avail.

Birds of note include:
4 American Black Ducks on the Ohio River seen at the fish hatchery

1 Snow Goose seen through a spotting scope among 300-400 Canada geese on
the second island in the the Ohio River across from the hatchery. We are
98% sure that it was a Snow Goose rather than a Ross's Goose.

1 pair of Ruddy Ducks at the sandpit at Gallipolis Ferry.

Janet

--
Janet Keating, Consultant
Green Shepherd, LLC

Retired Executive Director of Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition

304.522.0246 cell

"Your spirit is your true shield." Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido;
quote from *The Art of Peace*

*"Someday after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides, and
gravity, we shall harness... the energies of love. Then for the second
time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." -- Pierre
Teilhard de Chardin*

*"Never let a good crisis go to waste."--Winston Churchill*

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Join us on Facebook!