Date: 1/10/19 11:22 am
From: Pepper <pepper.trail...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Individually identifiable bluebird and Golden Eagle at Imperatrice
It's interesting to keep track of individual birds when their plumage
allows it, and two birds I saw at Imperatrice yesterday qualify - see
attached photos. The first is a male Western Bluebird with the most
extensive reddish-brown on the back I've ever seen. This was with a
bluebird flock on the walk up to the property. The second is an adult
Golden Eagle that is missing a primary on the left wing. The feather will
eventually be replaced, so I don't know how long this will remain a
reliable mark, but for the next few weeks at least I encourage birders
seeing Golden Eagles in the Ashland area to check for this - and post
sightings.

Pepper