Date: 1/10/19 10:12 am
From: Charity Hagen <daughterofmirkwood...> [inlandcountybirds] <inlandcountybirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [inlandcountybirds] Case Road, Perris

The raptor show continues this morning in the location Bob describes below. A brief morning visit yielded 5 Ferruginous Hawks(including the dark morph juvenile), 1 3rd year Bald Eagle, many Red-tail Hawks, a White-tailed Kite, a Prairie Falcon, and several American Kestrels. Definitely worth a stop if one is in the area, as many of the open fields seemed to contain many birds, but I didn’t have time to do a thorough search.
Charity Hagen
Lake Elsinore

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 7, 2019, at 3:00 PM, Robert Packard <packardr90...> [inlandcountybirds] <inlandcountybirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> Early this afternoon on Case Road in Perris, next to the water treatment plant there were 10 Ferruginous Hawks (one dark phase juv.), 3 Bald Eagles (all imm), one Northern Harrier, and 14 Long-billed Curlews, along with lots of other birds.
> Most of the raptors were observed from the dirt road south of the water treatment plant (Watson Road).
>
> Ross's Goose and Greater White-fronted Goose continue at the Riverside National Cemetery, along with 3 Common Goldeneye, and 9 Hooded Mergansers, one wolfing down a large African Clawed Frog (go mergs!).
>
> Bob Packard, Riverside

Join us on Facebook!