Date: 1/10/19 6:51 am
From: Sandra Mc <jerseyb...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Northern Harrier activity
Hello JBirders:

Took a break from working at my desk at home to check on birds around the yard. This was a window survey which I like to do from time to time during the day. At 3:30 I noticed what I thought were vultures at first glance but the flight was very different. Turned out it was four female Northern Harriers flying low over stand of pines across the road. They were flying toward each other, getting very close then one would fly off then return. This went on for about 15 minutes until they dispersed. This was a beautiful sight to observe.

So what was going on here? Territorial behavior; sisters; winter fun? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandra McNicol
Kingwood Township

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>