Date: 1/10/19 6:40 am
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Evening Grosbeaks in Newmarket
Birders,

Holly Zirkle and I found a shrike during the CBC at the Wiggin Farm conservation land on Grant Road in Newmarket, along with a winter wren. I dipped on both today, but my consolation prize was a flyover flock of 7 Evening Grosbeaks. Also present were 6 turkeys, a raven, 2 tree sparrows, and a bunch (precisely) of bluebirds. Very few birds around on the CBC, so I'm hypothesizing that the shrike might have had something to do with that, even the turkeys.

Kurk Dorsey

Durham