Date: 1/9/19 11:15 am
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Wild turkeys
In my neighborhood in Orange, there are wild turkeys (anywhere from 5-28)
meandering through.(eating from ground under my feeders and drink from bird
baths).
I know they are messy and not unusual, but the flock around here is really
fun to watch. The 5 males have gotten really colorful on their faces
(beautiful reds, blues and purples).
The young ones from this year and the females sometimes mingle with the
males. Boy, they are fast when they run. They chase each other, watch
each other intently and jump quite high. Their plumage is beautiful in the
sunlight, and they are loud .
I do admit I through out some extra cracked corn when they are around.
Bev Propen, orange