Date: 1/8/19 8:32 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Mexican Duck X Mallard hybrid??, Ketring Lake, Arapahoe Co
Hi all,
Went to Ketring Lake this afternoon. Along with the resident Eastern
Screech-Owl was a possible Mexican Duck x Mallard hybrid. The bird was
essentially like a female Mallard except was male Mallard sized and had a
yellow bill. It could have been a little darker as well. Interestingly, the
bird has green flecks above its eye. The bird was feet from shore, making
for good photos. Is this a Mexican x Mallard hybrid? I appreciate all
feedback.

[image: IMG_7569 - Edited.jpg]

[image: IMG_7563 - Edited (1).jpg]

Here is a link to my ebird checklist for more photos:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51485481

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO