Date: 1/8/19 6:44 pm
From: Tom Hall, Fort Collins <redbear44...>
Subject: [cobirds] Stearn's Reservoir, Boulder County
I went to Stearn's Reservoir today (5 hours) to locate the Brant. After
giving up and heading back, it was found by a few people I ran into on the
way out. It appeared to be a gray-bellied form. Also at the lake among
the 10,000 Cacklers and 500 Canada Geese were a dark and light phase (2)
Ross's Geese, a Greater White-fronted Goose (Taiga or Pacific (not sure
which is current)), I believe 3 white phase Snow Geese (saw two at one
time), a couple of Snow x Cackling hybrids.

Weld County - Saw 4 Greater White-fronted Geese (Tundra) at the Gravel pit
off SH 119/I25 to north and east a few blocks on a gravel pit pond (Union
St/Arbor St.) along with a Snow Goose, a Canada/Greater White-fronted
hybrid, 3,000 Cackling Geese and a few hundred Canada Geese. Struck out on
the Barnacles Goose, but did see both blue and white phase Snow Geese and
another Tundra Greater White-fronted Goose . Of note, saw two leucistic and
a melanistic Cackling Geese yesterday (one present today) and Pink-footed
Goose. The black Cackling Goose was not fully black, but cheek patch
(could see it to some degree) and front were almost all black, with the
back gray - about normal color. A few pictures were taken of it by someone.

Tom Hall
Fort Collins, CO