Date: 1/8/19 4:19 pm
From: JM Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] late start to (birding) new year?
Well actually not a late start. We have been skiing /skate skiing with all the fresh snow in Jackson, but back in Nashua, I found I was missing the birds.
Yesterday caught up with the Barrow’s Goldeneye in Manchester (at Waumbeck not Stark landing) and then today into Nashua and Hollis for a few firsts of the year.
Ring neck duck, bufflehead and assorted gulls at Field’s grove, onto Hollis/Woodmont for the Northern Shrike, American tree sparrow. Not quantities but quality. First Red Tail of the year, (followed by 5 others). Nice to be out birding again. Yet lots of time for more skiing!

Happy New Year to all, and good birding

Jeanne-Marie Maher
Nashua/Jackson NH