Date: 1/8/19 3:04 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Gilliam County HUTTON'S VIREO
Not sure how far east they get in Klamath. I think only on the east slope of the Cascades. Perhaps Kevin could bring us current on that.

There are multiple reports from Malheur but I don’t think there is a good photo. There may be one poor photo from maybe the late 1990s - anyone remember that?

As far as I know, yours is the first solid record east of the forested Cascades. Pretty amazing to have one far out on the wheat-plains.

Can someone enlighten us as to any records in e. Washington?

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

http://osupress.oregonstate.edu/book/edge-of-awe

> On Jan 8, 2019, at 2:36 PM, Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle...> wrote:
>
> During a brief stop in Arlington today, while birding the park across from the gas station, I was shocked to hear the whinny call of a Hutton's Vireo coming from a small pine tree. My mom and I were able to track it down and get photos. As best I can tell, this is a first record for Eastern Oregon.
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51466194 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51466194>
>
> Best,
> Adrian Hinkle

Join us on Facebook!