Date: 1/8/19 1:56 pm
From: Dan Smith <dan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Purple Martins
No, it is not too early. The males begin to show up in Texas in January. I recall seeing one east of Austin on New Year’s Day some years ago.

Good sighting.

Dan Smith
<dan...> <mailto:<dan...>
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com <http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com/>

"Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.” Thomas Jefferson, 1814.

> On Jan 8, 2019, at 3:50 PM, John Blackwell <john.a.blackwell51...> wrote:
>
> Is it too early for Purple martins in Colorado County? I saw what I believed to be a swallow and it was grey breasted, but I was also looking into today's grey sky from a good ways off.
>
> John A. Blackwell
> Colorado County, Texas

Join us on Facebook!