Date: 1/8/19 1:20 pm
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Monk Parakeets near Lexington
All - I was contacted today by a local individual who has had a pair of Monk Parakeets showing up at his feeders for a couple of weeks. I was able to go out and see them this afternoon and take some photos. I am wondering if these could be two individuals from the colony in Bristol, VA. The birds act "wild" and are skittish, which indicates to me that they are not used to humans so they probably are not escapees or released by an owner. Unfortunately, I was asked not to reveal the location.

I've posted some photos on my Flickr site:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept