Date: 1/8/19 8:26 am
From: Paul Desjardins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Texas

Paul Desjardins
<paul.desjardins2...>
Phone: (860) 623-3696

Concerning High Island and Bolivar Flats, it was recently brought to my attention from a birder friend of mine who resides in Galveston that the U S Army Corps of Engineers is considering construction of a dike that would effectively destroy both areas. Houston Audubon, which owns both areas was not even notified of the plan until the last minute before the news broke out. This is all I know as of right now. Hopefully the plan will not succeed. Otherwise enjoy the areas while there is still time.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks