Date: 1/7/19 1:33 pm
From: Michael Boatwright via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] SAY'S PHOEBE- Amherst County Jan 7, 2019
The SAY'S PHOEBE continued at Thrashers Creek on Sandiges Road (Rt 610) in
Amherst County January 7 from just before Noon to around 2:00 PM. Bob
Epperson and I saw it perch briefly on the power line just north of the
bridge but it spent most of its time working along the creek itself. We saw
it fly down to the creek several times and watched it perched fairly low in
several small trees on or near the creek banks. Today, it only made a few
forays into the fields where it perched on rocks and dirt mounds briefly.

11:00 AM to 2:00 PM seems to be the most reliable time to find this bird
and the area where the road crosses Thrashers Creek has proven to be the
best spot.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael R. Boatwright