Date: 1/7/19 10:25 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET More Umbrella Birding At Lake Glenview Monday 1-7-19
Hello Bird People,

Decided I would get a walk in even if it was raining & I picked Lake
Glenview as it's about a one mile walk. But the wind made it worse
than I expected & the trails close to the water were under water &
muddy so it wasn't a pleasant walk although there were enough birds
seen to make it somewhat interesting even if not exciting.

Lake Glenview (Local interest only) (8:15-9:30 a.m.)

Canada Goose (1 flew in)
Mallard (~55)
Black Duck (1)
Redhead (3-M)
Goldeneye (2-M & 2-F)
Red Breasted Merganser (~35)
Herring Gull (5)
Mourning Dove (1)
Flicker (1 calling)
Crow (1)
Cardinal (1-M)
Tree Sparrow (6 & 3)
Goldfinch (11 in one flock)
House Sparrow (2)

Also made quick stops at Lake Opeka & Axehead Lake but only found
Mallards, Goldeneye,
Ring Billed & Herring Gulls, a Crow & Pigeons at the Pigeon roost.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Flicker & Runner-Up to the Black Duck.

Al Stokie
Making the best of a rainy day in Cook County

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: