Date: 1/7/19 6:29 am
From: Jeffrey Blalock via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] eBird -- 103 Elizabeth Court, South Boston, VA -- Jan 7, 2019
Greetings all:

Today at my yard was Nuthatch Heaven.
I started my daily count at 0715 and within a few minutes I had all three species of Nuthatches.

But it wasn’t until 0905 Hrs that I went back into the house to warm up some that I walked up to my back door and there on one of my two shepherds hooks feeders were two RB Nuthatches and to the right of them on another shepherds hook feeders were two more. So I saw all 4 at one time.

In just a few seconds there were two WB Nuthatches on my Sweetgum coming to a platform feeder and then 2 BH Nuthatches were also coming into the first shepherds hook feeders.

Three species 8 individual Nuthatches at once.

Following is my eBird Report

103 Elizabeth Court, South Boston, VA
Jan 7, 2019
7:15 AM
Stationary
120 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.8.2 Build 15

3 Mourning Dove
1 Black Vulture
15 Turkey Vulture
1 Cooper's Hawk -- Rounded outer tail feathers, Male small in size. Got a great look and then went to get my camera but it had move up higher in the tree and when I approach my back gate to see him, he flew off across the street.
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- 1 - Male
2 Downy Woodpecker (Eastern) -- 1 - Male 1 - Female
20 Blue Jay
2 American Crow
2 Carolina Chickadee
2 Tufted Titmouse
4 Red-breasted Nuthatch -- Saw two together on one feeder and another two on another feeder all at the same time.
2 White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) -- Seen together.
2 Brown-headed Nuthatch -- Seen together.
2 Carolina Wren
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
3 Eastern Bluebird
1 Brown Thrasher