Date: 1/6/19 6:46 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Barnacle, Pink-footed Goose Milavec Reservoir (+Pacific subspecies Cackling Goose??)
Hi all -
I rushed up to Milavec Reservoir when I heard about the Barnacle Goose.
Indeed, he was still there. He flew out around 3 only to return a few
minutes later. Yes, the Pink-footed was present, as well as all five
regular geese, and some hybrids.

[image: IMG_7479 - Edited (1).jpg]

Nearby the Barnacle Goose was a very dark Cackling Goose, with a
bronze-colored chest. It was the size of the small Richardson's Cackling
Geese. Here is a photo, would this fit the criteria for the Pacific
Subspecies?

[image: IMG_7480 - Edited.jpg]

Here is my ebird checklist for larger photos:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51414624

Ben Sampson

Centennial, CO