Date: 1/6/19 3:25 pm
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Say's Phoebe in Amherst Co.
I headed out this morning to look for the Say's Phoebe that Michael Boatwright et al. have found and been reporting on. I arrived at the area on Sandidges Rd that was described yesterday (the field on the left just before Thrasher's Creek) arrived about 9:45. The SAPH was on the fence right next to the road at what I call point-blank range for photography. Unfortunately, it flew before I could get my camera out of the back seat. The SAPH remained somewhat near the road for about 20 minutes, feeding and perching out in the field. Karl Hubner (I apologize if I've misspelled your name) and we watched it as it slowly worked its way deeper into the field and then disappeared from view about the time a number of other folks arrived. I left at noon and the SAPH had not be relocated.

I've posted a few photos of the SAPH on my Flickr site

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept