Date: 1/6/19 3:06 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Monmouth-Airlie Polk County Says Phoebe, Trumpeters 1/6/19
I looked for White-tailed Kites this morning along Priem Road near Airlie
where I saw a pair last year this time. I did not see any Kites, but had
an amazing few minutes of birding.

At the spot west of Monmouth where there was a Harris Sparrow a year ago,
there were no sparrows but a pretty RED-SHOULDERED HAWK was there, a new
location as far as I know

South, along Airlie Road, about 1/2 mile east of Tartar Rd I saw a slim
smaller than a Robin TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE. I turned around to get a better
look, and saw a SAY'S PHOEBE across the road from where the Solitaire had
gone

Just west there were 12 TRUMPETER SWANS in a grass field, near the
Luckiamute River bridge. No young birds or Tundra Swans with them

Along Priem Road was a beautiful ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK and no Kites

All this in a half hour or more, before noon today
Roy Gerig, Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!