Date: 1/6/19 12:35 pm
From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2...>
Subject: [obol] Coquille Valley Count Preliminary
Good afternoon all,

A more complete report will be forthcoming, but it does appear that the Coquille Valley count has reached 150 species. Thank you much to the 44 people we had out in the field in less than ideal weather that still turned out to be much better than anticipated. The king tide and storm surge did ruin our shorebird count as we had no western sandpipers or black bellied plovers, almost impossible to miss at Bandon Marsh. Of course, we had 150 already this morning.

We had some very good finds like 2 Osprey, Wandering Tattler, 2 Burrowing Owls, 2 Red-naped Sapsucker, Bullock's Oriole, Harlequin Duck, Nashville Warbler, Tropical Kingbird, Snow Goose, Goshawk, Barn Swallow, Tree Swallow, Northern Mockingbird, Common Yellowthroat and Black-throated Gray Warbler.

I have not waded through the feeder counts and more are still arriving.

Harv Schubothe

Join us on Facebook!