Date: 1/6/19 6:09 am
From: Ann Ablowich <napap...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Turkeys
Has anyone else seen male turkeys dance? That is the only word that comes to mind. We have four toms who frequent our feeders. Two are probably from last year's broods and two are older. At least, I think so based on size. One of the larger ones puffs his feathers with his tail partially fanned and makes circles around one of the younger ones. It is almost as though he is trying to herd the young tom (I think they are called jakes in their first year). This whole display can go on for many minutes.

Ann Ablowich, Durham