Date: 1/5/19 8:46 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] New Montgomery County Hotspots
Thanks for that info...

I had another problem. I had relied on an "address to LAT/LONG conversion"
link to find the LOT/LONG coordinates for my home's bird feeding site.
After 32 checklists I discovered that the location was in a neighbors
yard. Using the same steps and replacing "merge" with "move" I was able to
get all of my "32 ducks in a row" EZPZ :)

If you are unsure how to MOVE a personal location to the appropriate
LAT/LONG in ebird; follow these steps:

1: At the top of the page click "my ebird"

2: On the right side of the page click "manage my locations"

3: Find the location you want to MOVE

4: To the far right of that location's name click "edit"

5: Click the bubble that says MOVE

6: Enlarge the map until you can clearly see where the "balloon" should be
& click on the exact spot you want the "balloon" to MOVE to

7: Click the MOVE box

You don't actually have to know the exact LAT/LONG coordinates as long as
you enlarge the map so that the location is obvious...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter