Date: 1/5/19 8:06 pm
From: Brenton Reyner <brenton5432...>
Subject: [MDBirding] New Montgomery County Hotspots
Hi All,

A few months back some new hotspots were set up in Montgomery County by
Mike Bowen and Mike Ostrowski in ebird. Two of these are local parks around
Laytonsville and four cover the park land on and around the Seneca Creek
Greenway Trail. A few of these areas have received some coverage in the
past, and because of this, I was hoping that anyone who has submitted a
checklist previously from any of the areas listed and pictured below please
change the location of your checklist to the appropriate hotspot, or merge
your personal location with the appropriate hotspot in ebird.

If you have birded these areas before, or are considering birding them in
the future, I've made a quick map to help identify which hotspot is which,
and made a rough sketch of trails/walkable area at the locations. Numbers
on the map correspond with hotspots which are hyperlinked to the
appropriate ebird hotspot page below.

[image: Hotspot Map.png]

1: Seneca Creek Greenway Trail--Brink Road to Watkins Mill Road
<https://ebird.org/hotspot/L6262758>

2: Greenway Trail--Huntmaster Rd to Brink Rd (Incl. Goshen Park)
<https://ebird.org/hotspot/L7396529> (this hotspot covers the wetland area
between Brink and Huntmaster Roads as well)

3: Seneca Creek Greenway Trail--Huntmaster Road to Watkins Road
<https://ebird.org/hotspot/L6262751>

4: Magruder Branch Trail--Watkins Rd. to Log House Rd.
<https://ebird.org/hotspot/L7402461>

5: Laytonsville Pond <https://ebird.org/hotspot/L8065654>

6: Sundown Rd. Park <https://ebird.org/hotspot/L5050347>

If you are unsure how to merge your personal location to the appropriate
hotspot in ebird; follow these steps:

1: At the top of the page click "my ebird"

2: On the right side of the page click "manage my locations"

3: Find the location you want to change/merge

4: To the far right of that location's name click "edit"

5: Click the bubble that says "merge"

6: Click on the hotspot you want to merge the location with on the map

7: Click the "merge" box

If you have any questions regarding these locations or merging hotspots
feel free to contact me off-list.

Good birding,

Brenton Reyner
Gaithersburg, Maryland