Date: 1/5/19 6:28 pm
From: Tina Jones <tjcalliope...>
Subject: [cobirds] Ross's Goose, Denver County,Ft Logan Cemetery
There was 1, adult White, Ross's Goose in Fort Logan Cemetary, this evening. The main entrance to the Cemetery is off S. Sheridan[tween 285 and W. Quincy]. After entering the entrance you pass one lake on your right, then you pass another lake on your right[south]. Continue on this main road and it curves around to the south, past a Cattail marsh. Continue south and there are many Cackling geese in the Cemetery here and a bit south. I saw the bird around 5pm today, and all the Geese in this Cemetery move in and out of the area, some, litterally way out to suburb areas. It is best to look for the Cemetery Geese early morning or late,late afternoon, since they are in larger numbers this time of day.

The bird had a tiny bill, unlike Snow Goose. The bird also had a very short neck, unlike a Snow Goose. I know Ross's are not uncommon in eastern Colorado, but they are cool to see near Denver Urban areas.

Good luck if you are in the right area, early morning or late in the day, in the cemetery.

Happy Birding!
Tina Jones
Littleton, Jefferson County, CO