Date: 1/5/19 5:00 pm
From: Dan Zmolek <dslashdz...>
Subject: [cobirds] Brant at Stearns Lake - Boulder County
This afternoon, Leslie S found a Brant and Greater White-Fronted goose in amongst the thousands of geese at Stearns Lake. Others had found a Ross's goose at that location, but we missed on that one ;(

There was also an odd white and black goose with pink legs - hybrid perhaps ??? it was hanging around the same area with the Brant. RFI for that 'odd' one; pics will be posted to a forthcoming ebird checklist.

Most of the flock, including Brant, flew out - but not too far, probably just to the fields due north of the lake. The large flock returned at ~4:30, but we were unable to relocate the Brant. Should be good chances in the morning, both in the fields or the lake.

Good Birding,

Dan Zmolek,
Gunbarrel