Date: 1/5/19 11:44 am
From: BirdNerd's Email <markrminnerlee...>
Subject: [cobirds] Wild Goose Chase #1 - Results
Greetings birders,

The first outing of the Wild Goose Chase was a pleasant adventure at North Teller Lakes/White Rocks trail in Boulder County. We had a great time getting looks at 33 different species and a couple of raptors that puzzled us all. Of particular interest were views of a beautiful Northern Shrike, a Prairie Falcon that sat gracefully on post long enough for thorough viewing, and a flyover snow/ross's x canada/cackling hybrid. Additionally we got the chance to look at multiple different White-breasted Nuthatches and discuss which subspecies each might belong to (In the end we left them at the species level). All-in-all a great time observing and discussing birds.

If you would like to join us, any and all birders are welcome and our next meet-up is at Waneka Lake (Lafayette, CO) on January 19th at 7:30 AM. We'll meet at the south parking area off of Caria Dr. Again nothing formal - we'll just all bird and chat as we go letting the winds take us where they may.

Our third outing will be at Myers/Walker Ranch Trail up Flagstaff Canyon (west of Boulder) on Feb 2nd at 7:30 AM. We'll meet at the trailhead parking area.

Hope to see you out there and Happy Birding in 2019!

Regards,

Mark Minner-Lee
Broomfield, CO

Sent from my iPad