Date: 1/5/19 3:39 am
From: A. P. Aldrich <aaldrich1955...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] 4 snow geese in nearby NH
Hi all OCD birders

4 snow geese were seen yesterday in Rollingsford, NH., in the morning on
Roberts RD. and in the afternoon on Baer RD.
Over the years I have observed that these geese roost at night on
the Salmon Falls River and early in the morning by about 8 AM they fly into
NH or Maine.

In the last month there have been as many as 600 Canada Geese mostly in
NH. Some times they split into two group and are in both states. So what
are the chances for them to be in Maine, about 20 percent is my best guess.

Where in Maine you ask? At sunrise try Rt. 101 at the William A.
Bray Memorial Park. If they fly into Maine than look for them at the Links
Golf Course on RT. 4, Also Black berry Hill RD. The ones i have seen in
Maine in the last month have been at the golf course.

Here is a link to Alan Muarry's ebird
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51298491 with photos
and mine with photos https://ebird.org/nh/view/checklist/S51295104
Just in case you need to see what they look like. In the afternoon Kevin
had them on Baer Rd. https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51306856 (no
photos yet) Other places in NH are Silver St. and RT 4, also Foundry ST.

Happy birding
Andrew Aldrich
North Berwick, ME.