Date: 1/4/19 5:42 pm
From: Jennifer Thiermann <jennythier...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET The Grove, River Trails Nature Center & Techny North Friday 1-4-19
Is that white duck at Flick park in Glenview a female mallard? Bill is so
orange compared to males'yellow?
Jennifer T

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 4, 2019, at 1:25 PM, Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Hello Bird People,

Started with 2 feeder watches & then looked for ducks at Techny North.
The one new bird I was sure I'd get for my year list was the Green
Winged Teal at Techny so of course it was not there or I couldn't find
it today. There are no sure things! Here's my lists:

The Grove (7:45-8:45 a.m.)

Canada Geese (heard flying by)
Red Tailed Hawk (1-AD)
Mourning Dove (22)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (2)
Downy Woodpecker (1)
Blue Jay (heard 2)
Chickadee (2)
RED BREASTED NUTHATCH (1)
White Breasted Nuthatch (4)
Junco (2)
Goldfinch (2, on the thistle feeder)
Siskin (heard 1)

River Trails Nature Center (9-10 a.m.)

Canada Geese (26 fly-bys)
Common Goldeneye (1 adult male, one immature male & 2 females)
Mourning Dove (15)
Herring Gull (1 fly-by)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (1)
Downy Woodpecker (4)
Hairy Woodpecker (1-M)
Blue Jay (4)
Crow (2)
Chickadee (4)
W.B. Nuthatch (4)
Robin (10)
Cardinal (6)
WHITE THROATED SPARROW (1)
Junco (6)
House Finch (12)
House Sparrow (15)

Techny North Of Willow (10-15-11:15 a.m.)

Great Blue Heron (4)
Canada Geese (37)
Mallard (51)
Gadwall (1-PR)
Bufflehead (1-F)
Goldeneye (2-F)
Common Merganser (20)
BALD EAGLE (1-AD, trying to catch a fish)
Ring Billed (1) & Herring (2) Gulls
BELTED KINGFISHER (1-M)

Bird-Of-The-Day to the adult Regal Eagle & Runners-Up
to the Kingfisher, the White Throated Sparrow & the Red Breasted Nuthatch.

Al Stokie
Very close to home in Cook County today

Join us on Facebook!